* * *
Briarpatch is seeking submissions for our September/October issue. We are looking for feature articles, provocative essays, investigative reportage, interviews, profiles, reviews, humour, and photography rooted in an anti-colonial and anti-capitalist analysis. If you’ve got a story in mind, Briarpatch wants to hear your pitch!
Queries on any and all topics are welcome but we would like to highlight interest in:
- visions of the future
- youth un/employment | youth mental health | youth radicalism
- racialized policing in Canada
- critical perspectives on the politics of the guaranteed basic income and/or the welfare state
Please review Briarpatch's submission guidelines before sending your query to editor AT briarpatchmagazine DOT com.
Our standard rates of pay are as follows:
- $50 – Profiles, short essays, parting shots (generally <1000 li="" words="">
- $100 – Feature stories, photo essays
- $150 – Research-based articles and investigative reportage (generally 1500-2500 words) 1000>